Friday, April 13, 2012

The Letter Project

On my drive home from work I had an impulse to take the first exit and explore around in the Crossroads. I wondered into a tiny little shop, Spool Boutique. I was drawn in by the handwritten letters dangling from the ceiling, just above head level. 
The letters were a part of tonight's opening of "The Letter Project." Check it out if you are in the Kansas City Arts District or go to the TLP website.  
Only a few weeks ago, I was remembering the handwritten letters that I exchanged with my Great Grandmother Hinson while I was in college and how much that tangible connection to her meant, even if she was far away. Although she is gone now, I will always treasure those letters.

"The main purpose of The Letter Project is speak on the ability that writing letters has to connect two physical spaces, no matter the distance between them. " 

-Clair Rock

I was so moved by the project that I picked up one of the five handmade Letter Project albums. Only 4 more remaining!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views