Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nica Via Granada

Off to the airport. So ready to get to Nica!
We landed in Managua! Off the plane and straight to the window to exchange dollars for cordobas. It hits me immediately, I can speak very little Spanish! I'm trying to convert dollars to cords while searching for my Spanish skills...I'm already on the verge of a complete freak-out...
Holly
Meanwhile, Adam was already making friends with Holly, an RN, fresh out of Canada for the first time. Holly quickly became our travel buddy. 

Lia and Jen
I spared my camera any photos of Managua, the city the we flew into. Thankfully first impressions were quickly forgotten when I got out of that city. Adam haggled with the taxi driver who dropped us off at the bus stop. Various bus drivers were trying to grab our packs, yelling at us, trying to persuade us to hop on their bus. Mass chaos! I'm so thankful for Adam's ability to negotiate with the bus drivers when they tried to "miscount" change for our fare. I lost count of the number of people that we nearly ran over during that bus trip. We were dropped off in Granada, and hopped a taxi to the Oasis Hostel. There, we were introduced to Holly's fellow Canadian amigas, Lia and Jen. 

We headed out to see the cathedral and eat dinner. I was already beginning to fall in love with the city. 


More of my Granada Pics Can Be Found on Flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views