Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nica via San Juan del Sur

 Today was our day for goodbyes. We said hasta luego to all of our friends (although we ended up hanging out with more than half of them later in the story). It was sad to leave the island. It was absolutely magical. We hitched a ride on the back of a truck (amongst a heap of recycling) and headed to the ferry. 
From Rivas we grabbed a cab to San Juan del Sur and the next adventure began. I took me a minute to get the hang of this little surfer town, but this helped....
We checked into a hostel with an open dorm. Sharing a dorm room with 8 gnarly surfer dudes and dudettes was not as easy as it was when I was backpacking a few years ago in Europe. I have to admit that at first I was a little alarmed when I awoke on a top bunk to this view 
               
That was our only night at that hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Page Views